Embarking on a Client to Cloud journey is a marathon, not a sprint. If you have not begun your journey you are likely considering how you will introduce cloud into your existing environments. Sterling’s Client to Cloud journey allows you to take advantage of what cloud has to offer when the time comes to invest in each of your areas of opportunities.
Client to Cloud
Sterling's Cloud Journey
Leveraging tools and technologies to perform an assessment and provide a vision and concrete steps to successfully adopt a cloud journey.
Provide customers with sustainable competitive advantage with TCO/ROI analysis towards the cloud journey.
Migration & Application Modernization
Re-envision, build, and deliver application analysis, design, and application transition to the cloud.
Multi-cloud strategy allows companies to select different cloud services from different providers because some are better for certain tasks than others.
While making the switch to the cloud, you need to evaluate your current environment and address several readiness issues to ensure a smooth and effective transition to the cloud. Sterling’s cloud assessments include:
- Cloud agnostic, vendor aware methodology that avoids complexity upfront and packages the payload that could go to cloud
- Consistently coordinated and articulated with enterprise architecture and business stakeholders
- Application, infrastructure, and network analysis
- Target platform mapping
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Return On Investment (ROI) analysis
Many organizations are stuck in an endless loop of “doing” digital things, an illusion of being digital things, an illusion of being digital rather than making changes to business, operations, and customer models.
One of the greatest benefits of cloud computing is its flexibility. For example, if you are running out of storage, your public cloud solution can automatically scale up for you so that your operations will continue seamlessly. Sterling’s approach to cloud solutions is “cloud agnostic” and will provide the required consistent and standard designs, and optimized cost-effective solutions that are right for you.
- An overview of cloud options, including public and hybrid cloud models
- Cloud benefits, including cost, security, and compliance
- Common challenges that can delay or derail cloud migrations
- A step-by-step overview of a successful data center migration process
- Long-term cloud planning and key migration enablers
Containers: These are a great way to make your application code portable. Sterling helps modernize monolithic applications into micro services which include AWS ECS/EKS and PKS on VMware.
Managed Database Services: Managing databases is hard, but using a cloud vendors managed database services could save you time and money, and allow you to focus on your core business.
Analyze Application Dependencies: Sterling’s approach includes using application dependency tools
to assess: compute and data tiers, software architecture, and reliance on existing resources.
Identify Services to Replace Legacy Components: Because not everything will port directly into the cloud, Sterling helps customers map out next generation application replacements that helps organizations tackle their customer SLA’s. We help customers automate their application delivery
and integrate Cl/CD to benefit your modernization approach.
Establish a Living Roadmap for Ongoing Improvement: Sterling looks out for its customers continuously to improve and deliver automation for any additional applications that can also adopt the cloud model.
Sterling’s multi-cloud strategy allows companies to select different cloud services from different providers to best meet their needs.
- The additional choice of multiple cloud environments gives you flexibility and helps avoid vendor lock-in
- Outages happen. Sometimes it is due to a disaster or can be due to other things like human error. Having multiple cloud environments ensures that you always have compute resources and data storage available so you can avoid downtime
- Many multi-cloud environments can help enterprises achieve their goals for governance, risk management, and compliance regulations